A Friend on my journey

Hello friends,

Something is heavy on my heart. I recently heard the news of Sister Mary Nerney's passing. She was an angel here on earth. Her compassion, kindness, sincerity, and sheer love for her work are the things that stick out in my mind when I remember her. I first came to know her through my work with the Coalition of Women Prisoners, where we worked together on a domestic violence advocacy campaign. She worked tirelessly in the community, and was committed to helping survivors of trauma and abuse. She always put a smile on my face with a hilarious comment and a warm hug whenever we crossed paths. Rest in peace, Sister Mary. the gifts you have given will live on forever. You will be dearly missed by many.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/uptown/harlem-advocate-dies-cancer-age-75-article-1.1532522

0 comments: