Noam Chomsky: America hates its poor

Noam Chomsky: America hates its poor

I love the headline. Its honesty gives me life, the realness and truth is what it takes to make people know we have a big fucking problem. Its starts with people being facetious and uncomfortable with the meaning of the the second word. HATE. Hate also can mean strong dislike. Do we not still use dictionaries? People are also ignorant about the experience connected to the last word of that headline. POOR. Unless they are personally familiar with that experience in life, they cannot comprehend the meaning of what Noam Chomsky is referring to here.




You may think: "Why in (insert spiritual deity/or atheist phrase for disbelief) name would anyone hate poor people Mr. Chomsky? Oh pish posh. Don't be ridiculous."  But we do. I can tell you why, because my life is testimonial of hatred for the poor. I myself almost damn near perished in poverty...Don't go grab a seat and some chips kids. I'm not gonna spill. Not today. But in the long view here is that his statement is steeped in a truth that America doesn't want to face.

Read on for clarity and continuity in the linked article.


0 comments: